The concept struck me right after my morning tea. (about two minutes after waking and three minutes ago)
"Hey, Dawno, wanna write a top ten list of blogs/sites about Barbara Bauer and the 20 Worst Agents list?"
"Sure, Dawno, how do we pick who gets on it?"
"Hmm, should we conduct a scientific poll?"
"Only if Orlando Bloom is one of the answers."
"Maybe we should do it based on rankings."
"Too much work. Let's just cruise Kira's List, Google's Blog Search and the Technorati Tag for Barbara Bauer pages and choose ten good blogs on the topic."
....two hours later...
If I missed a blog you feel is worthy you can tell me in comments or put your own list on your blog - do let me know so I can check it out.
Oh, the Making Light posts and the SFWA list are not in the list - just blogs/sites that took the info from there and ran with it.
Judging criteria: uh, Dawno liked it? If it had more content than just the list or was funny or I just wanna ingratiate myself to that particular blogger...well, the decision of the judges is final. No animals were harmed during this listing. Unless you count my cat not getting his breakfast right away.
Note: The Barbarabauer tag at Technorati is being used by some blogger, with nothing to say thus blogs not worth reading, just to drive traffic to their site. This blogger also seems to like spamming LJ communities with reviews he/she has not written. There is post after post that have nothing to do with Barbara Bauer. I'm very annoyed.
ETA: The blogger and I exchanged comments and I am accepting them as sincere. She was really trying to help. I apologize publicly for being a grumpy cynic. I also apologize for not being nice about the blogging. I may not get why those topics are being shared, but it's unkind of me to assume it was a ploy and say cruel things like I did. *hangs head*
First off, kudos to:
Roger Carlson for giving the AW folk a refuge camp
Smart Bitches Trashy Books
BlogPulse News Wire and Euan for getting the mention there
Neil Gaiman (like he needs my kudos - *gooshy fangirl-type sigh*)
Digital Medievalist for most creative use of the blink tag
the Live Journal Fictionwriters community and the Live Journal Cranky Editors community
Agent Kristin of Pub Rants
Whoever posted the Wikipedia entry
A. C. Crispin and Victoria Strauss
Matt Dinniman who created a very cool button that you can find on MacAllister's site
D. T. Kelly who created a very cool button, too
MacAllister (looks like a squashed gopher to me...)
...dramatic music...que the MC...
Dawno's Top Ten "20 Worst Agents List" List!
10. Mad Scientist Matt Did a "literary agent" on the 20 Worst Agents List take down Absolute Write? Special Mention for being one of the first bloggers to pick this up. Way to go, Matt!
9. Frank Baron Barbara Bauer Ph.D. Pretend (and profane) Agent
8. Jim C. Hines Google Thought
7. last1 for an early and pithy post Barbara Bauer Blacklisted
6. Richard Corbett With Unlimited Ink
5. Kira Connally Barbara Bauer/Absolute Write Scandal Links
4. Miss Snark Hey, Barbara Bauer, Put Up or Shut Up!
3. Matt Dinniman "The Comic Adventures of Barbara Bauer, Literary Agent Superhero!"
2. a tie between p_n_elrod's Bye Bye Barbara the Play and p_n_elrod's Barbara Bauer, 20 worst agents http://20worstagents.com/ (because it has acutal cease and desist notices from Babs herself)
this is the tension building, nail biting, dramatic pause
and #1 goes to the person who created 20WorstAgents.com