Tuesday, May 30, 2006

OhDawno's Ebil Library and Gift Shop is Open For Business

I've put up some really great stuff, thanks to James Macdonald, at OhDawno's Ebil Library and Gifts CafePress Store. (go ahead, click the button in the side bar - I know you want to!!)

Now, this little CafePress store was created as a way I could put up an "I Survived" item just for fun and for my fellow AWers.

I thought that some of the AW folk might like to have something tangible to remember this all by in times to come, it was not created to be a fund-raiser. In the spirit of "Blame Dawno for everything since July of 1957" I take full responsibility for the idea, dumb or useless as it may be.

I wouldn't dream of profiting by taking advantage of a crisis so I am donating the proceeds.

Anyway, the idea took on a bit of a life of its own based on requests. Jim has allowed me to use Atlanta Nights & Yog's Law, Matt Dinniman has allowed use of his "Save AW" graphic which html text is found over on Mac's blog. There are more items on the way and in a day or two I'll update with stuff that is printed back and front (Yog's Law, Atlanta Nights) - I have some studying to do.

Now, I'd like to present this as a cautionary tale of sorts. When you decide to do something like this on the spur of the moment, you don't really think through the consequences. You end up with a lot of folk who have great ideas and find yourself wondering if you should take a week off from the day job so you can do it right.

Here's some of the graphics you'll see on a variety of items.

Front:
















Back
















Atlanta Nights Front

















Atlanta Nights Back















Yog's Law Front

















Yog's Law back













,

6 comments:

Alan Yee said...

This is just to say...

I have found your blog, and wanted to let you know that I have one also.

Cool shirts!

Daria Black said...

Very nice. If you need help with graphics and such, I have a little skill with Photoshop (nothing to write home about) but I am willing to throw my hat in to help out. You can contact me here. http://projectindigo.net/contact.html.

Thank you for all that you are doing Dawno it really is appreciated.

ohdawno said...

Alan, I visited - did I forget to leave a comment?

Indigo black, thank you for the offer, I may just take you up on it!

Alan Yee said...

Sorry, Dawno, I didn't see any comments.

ohdawno said...

Ok, Alan, I remedied that omission and left you a comment. You've got talent, kid - you'll go far.

Tori O. said...

I can't wait to get a job so I can buy some AW gear!