Friday, May 01, 2009

Moment of Outrage for the Day

The post I found this on is titled "Fox News, still hilariously evil" - and yes, I can see that. But when I watched the clip of clips showing Fox comments for each day since Obama's inauguration, I was more outraged than amused. Yes, I'm all for freedom of the press - it's essential. But these people call themselves journalists? It's one thing to be of the loyal opposition, it's another to foment fear with outrageous hyperbole and out-right lies. I'm embarrassed to have ever called myself a Republican. I hope that cooler heads with more moderate agendas will somehow come out of hiding and take the GOP back.

6 comments:

T. M. Hunter said...

There's a difference between a journalist and a "talking head"...I haven't watched the clip, but the still shot is of Glenn Beck, who is paid money to drum up controversy from his side of the political spectrum. That's not journalism...

ohdawno said...

Yes, I do know that - but the channel is called Fox News, not Fox Opinion and not everyone out there is nearly as discriminating as you and I between what's journalism and what's punditry.

And I bet each one of them considers themselves a journalist.

barrettmanor said...

Ooh, I'm with you. I'm a moderate who lives in the reddest city of the reddest county of the reddest state in the union - which makes me a flaming liberal here. ;-) I'm amazed at the cr@p that people actually believe. No, it scares me.

ohdawno said...

Julie! Great to see you!

I used to live in a very conservative town, so I know your pain! Currently living in a very liberal area and hate that even 'moderate' is a pejorative to some of them because the far right wingnuts have given us all a bad rep.

T. M. Hunter said...

Heh, there's also a channel called the Sci-Fi Channel, and we know how well that pertains to what they actually show on there...wrestling?

:-D

I imagine each one of them couldn't care less what they are, journalists or not. As long as they keep putting huge checks in the bank, they'll keep doing the same thing they were before.

ohdawno said...

That (SyFy *cough*) is sadly true and I'm outraged about it as well! :-)

And no argument about the $. They're all sell outs. I had friends in journo school in college, they were all resigned to being poor but doing what they loved.