Tuesday, September 20, 2005

I'm Here!

I'm sitting at the little upstairs cafe at the bookstore. I was the first person to come in about the signing and they made a little fuss over me. I have a stickie note that says "#1 Customer in Line" Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It was 2:00 when I got here and they will start setting out chairs at 6:30 so I'm settling in 'til then.

Update: Some other Pratchett fans have arrived (it's 4:15) but it's not a lot yet. I only have about an hour's worth of battery left anyway and I don't see an outlet up here in the little bookstore cafe. I need to use the bathroom, too. I hope the SO gets here soon.

I was reading POD-dy Mouth the other day and followed a link to something she had recently read. I forced myself through a number of pages. I swearthat if I ever write something that before I do anything with it I will have objective readers read my work and tell me it doesn't suck. I will ship it around and if it doesn't sell it will go in a drawer. I will *not* do what this person has done and put it out there myself if nobody commercial will buy it. What was this person thinking? And I mean that in all honesty, not snidely, I'd really like to know the thought processes that brought the writer to this.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

One of our cats is pretty sick. It caught a cold from being kenneled when we went to Ireland back in July and just didn't get over it. He'd get a bit better then he'd get worse. So the other day we took him to a new vet who is a great improvement over the previous guy and we're hopeful he'll get the treatment he needs.

I like this. I wish I could make a living sitting in a cafe blogging and surfing and posting on AW.

OK, gonna post this and if I write more it'll be in a new post

No comments: