Friday, September 09, 2005

Giddy Fan Girl

I think you can tell a lot about someone by the kinds of books they read. So in the interests of full disclosure I will confess to being a huge Terry Pratchett fan. The title of this blog is the motto of the Unseen University. In my online signature block I also pay homage to Pterry (as the fans like to say) with Death's motto (Non Temetis Messor) and one of my favorite quotes Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." (Death says this in The Hogfather.)

There have been times when I was very gloomy but all I needed to do was pick up one of his books and my spirits would be lifted.

Why am I telling you this? Because I'm having a giddy fangirl moment! I just got an email from Harper Collins Author Tracker detailing Terry's signing tour for his latest book. He'll be in the local indie bookstore here on the 20th. I get to see one of my all time favorite authors in person, and hopefully get an autographed copy of his new book.

This weekend is the annual Arts and Wine festival. I'm looking forward to adding 2005 to my wineglass collection. I like wandering around and looking at all the interesting hand crafts, I've picked up some very nice stuff in the past, a large silk wrap with a hand dyed pattern like this:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Also some hand crafted jewelry and leather purses. I look forward to making new finds this year as well. Last year I bought the SO a shirt that was black with tropical frogs printed on it. He wore it a lot which makes me very happy. It's one of my favorite shirts.

Not much else comes to mind to write about tonight. Be well, will chat with you again soon.

No comments: