Sunday, February 08, 2009

My SF Conventions '09, Classic Lit + Zombies

I got the news early Feb 4th that there is an open table available for me at Potlatch SF Convention, Sunnyvale CA, Feb 27 thru Mar. 1st. I was already planning to go, bought my membership last summer. I'd reached out to the auction organizer to volunteer some of my work and help her, I hope I can still find a way to do at least some of that.

Now I'm going to have to figure out what pieces to bring, get them organized and tagged (what kind of tags??), think about display - what sort of room will I have at/around my table? Should I bring my mannequin? I will bring a mirror - it's nice to try stuff on and see how it looks. I've got the foundational stuff for building my displays, but until I know what size table and what the area behind it is like, I can't finish it.

Also thinking about making book mark type thingies since it's a convention about SF books. Maybe some St. Patrick's Day theme stuff? *GAH!!*

*mild panic* I really didn't think I'd get in!

In other news, I'm planning on being at Bay Con in Santa Clara Memorial Day weekend and hoping to get into the dealer's room there, if not I'll try to get into Artists' Alley again. I'm also going to sign up for World Fantasy which is Halloween Weekend in San Jose. That's three really good conventions this year and all LOCAL!! No airfare, rental car or hotel expenses! W00t!

Just heard about this on "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me!"- it was one of the 'bluff the listener' quiz choices, which the listener, from my husband's home town, actually got it right, guessing between Peeps versions of the classics, beginning with The Odyssey, Pride & Prejudice & Zombies, or Death of a Saleman re-done with an extra scene added "...in an attempt to make Arthur Miller's classic Death of a Salesman accesable to audiences raised on television police procedurals..." If you want this and click the link below to purchase, I get a few pennies, which would be much appreciated!

2 comments:

T. M. Hunter said...

Wish we had local SF conventions around here...myself, I'm heading down to Dallas later this month for ConDFW.

ohdawno said...

I bet that will be a fun convention - Dallas is a great city, I wish I had more opportunities to spend time there, but every time I've gone it's been on a conference or business trip. DFW is my favorite airport, too. Have a great time!