Sunday, April 27, 2008

It's Hot in LA this Weekend!

I'm down in LA visiting with some friends of mine. Yesterday we visited a lovely bead shop and had fabulous Mexican food at a nearby restaurant. Today we're thinking of visiting the LA Book Fair at UCLA. There's a heat wave here in LA - temps in the 80s. Still, there's a nice breeze and it's been lovely.

I particularly enjoy visits with these friends because along with being able to just hang out and enjoy each other's company, the conversation is lively and intellectually stimulating and I get plenty of exercise as we walked everywhere. I put in more miles on foot yesterday than I usually do in a month. I'm happy to say that I feel great today because I was a bit worried that I'd wake up unable to move my legs anymore.

I signed up with Twitter the other day, just for the heck of it, after reading a couple different blogs about folks who use it. I think it would be fun to Twitter the book fair - just not sure how to do it from my cell phone. I just tested it - it works! You can see me on Twitter as AWDawno.

I wish I could stay down longer and visit with the family, too. I just don't have enough leave time right now to spare as I'm saving as much of it as I can to spend time with my son in July when he comes home on leave.

Bought a book at the airport, Betrayal by John Lescroart. It's a bit hard to read as it uses the war in Iraq as a backdrop for a murder trial in the US. The defendant was wounded in a nasty situation where he lost nearly all of his squad. It's definitely the kind of stuff I don't like to think about.

I'm running low on battery power (forgot my power cord) so I need to close up the laptop now. More soon on my visit, maybe some pics of the book fair, too!

No comments: