Wednesday, November 01, 2006

A Little Bit of This, A Little Bit of That

If you're following the IILAA/Barbara Bauer does a Podcast news you've probably seen this one already, but just in case:

CROUCHING SNARK, HIDDEN DRAGOONS


In other news, the brown stain is still up where the IILAA site once was.

The 99 words contest was won by emeraldcite - do read his wonderful entry and leave a congrats in the comments. While you're there tell him Dawno says congrats too but still can't figure out how to leave a comment. Hey, Blogger Beta programmers - fix that will ya???

I'm keeping a NaNoWriMo journal on another blog, Drive By Booking, so I won't go into details here, except to say that I finished a chapter tonight and I'm still buzzing and can't get to sleep yet. I betcha that doesn't last all month.

We had a pretty good turn out last night for Halloween but not enough to finsh off all the candy we bought. I figure I'll use the leftovers as snacks for my writing sessions. Lots of Disney Princess costumes, some with lighted tiaras. Only a couple kids came in 'street clothes' and grocery bags but I had plenty of candy so *shrug* no problem. The annoying thing was the ones who knocked on the door even though I had turned out the light and brought in the pumpkin - our property manager gives each of us a free one every year and allegedly if you leave it out that is supposed to signal that you're giving out candy. I assumed it also meant that if you took it in and turned off the danged porch light folk would get it that you weren't. Apparently a few folk didn't get the memo.

This morning when I went out to the car there were just a few desultory streamers of toilet paper in the trees up and down our street. As I looked at them I couldn't help but think "slackers! back when I was a kid we TP'd things up good - none of this two or three streamers per tree" and I walked up hill in sandstorms both ways to school.

Tomorrow the movers come to get my son's household goods from the garage and ship them to Ft. Bragg. I hope the stuff gets there before Thanksgiving. I nearly forgot about my DIL's car and had to call back - that may get there more quickly.

Go "Digg" Victoria's Post on IILAA!


,
,
,
,
,
,
,
,

3 comments:

emeraldcite said...

Thanks, dawno. You're always in my comments in spirit... ;)

ohdawno said...

Yes, I am haunting them. Do you see any ectoplasm around your monitor?

uniquematerial said...

Toilet paper was cheaper 'back in the day', Dawno.