- Lots of detail, eye-watering detail, medieval tapestry detail
- Gold or silver thread - the thing needs to glow with metallic thread-y goodness
- Beads and sequins are good things
- Colors should be rich and bright, not necessarily complementary, either
- Textures are important, I'm not crazy about anything printed, it should be appliquéd or embroidered on to the sweater
- Buttons, I want a cardigan style, not pullover, and the buttons should be part of the composition of the overall design
- Sleeves. I'm seeing some nice vests, but I don't want a vest, I want a sweater.
Sunday, November 18, 2007
It's Highly Embellished Christmas Sweater Time Again!
Yep, soon it will be December, and I'll be bringing my Christmas sweaters out. I just got a new one from eBay (new to me, in good shape though). I've looked around online and there's a real dearth of Christmas sweaters out there that live up to my standards. To wit: