Monday, August 29, 2011

Isn't Packing for a Move Fun??!1??

Short answer, "NO."

Longer answer - my office/beading workshop is not an easy thing to pack up. Fiddly little beads - even in bags and bins need to be organized in their boxes just right or they'll end up all over the bottom of the boxes and, perhaps, even leaving a trail from here to there as they're hauled down to L.A.

I still have a lot of miscellaneous stuff to figure out how to pack - including the loose beads in the drawers of a craft cart that can't just be taped closed - it's very open sided and all the beads would just fall out of it. They're going into these giant Ziplock(tm) bags. I love Ziplock(tm) bags, by the way, great for dumping teensy fiddly bead stuff into. Also these plastic cover thingies that look like hotel shower caps that I'm fitting over the paper plates I use for beading lap trays. Cover the plates with them, stack 'em up and pack 'em up. I believe two more large boxes and a couple more mediums and I'm done in here.

I think a majority of the books have been packed - I don't even want to tell you how many boxes full. The DH is currently packing the china, crystal and glasses from the kitchen in the special dish and glass boxes he picked up from U-haul today. That leaves all my clothes and all the bathroom stuff. I don't actually belong on "Hoarders" but I do have several shelves full of toiletries, makeup (some of it way too old to ever be used again), soaps from hotels, sprays, potions, lotions and ghu knows what else that I simply have to be strong and throw away.

Then there are the clothes. Um, I really love to buy clothes and shoes...and purses. I've gone from one rather roomy walk-in closet to taking over another in my daughter's room and the one that was my husband's. He had very little actually hanging up in there and I just ended up migrating stuff into it. I know I should give a lot of it away to Goodwill but I really do wear most of it - at least when it's in season. Very little of what I buy is what one would call trendy and easily dated so it can be worn year after year. Since I have no idea what kind of job I may end up getting down in L.A., I don't dare toss out anything, yet.

Well, that's the long answer to the title question...and it still isn't fun.

No comments: