Monday, February 05, 2007

Finally, Something to Look Forward to On Mondays

Heroes. I have become a fan. I downloaded all the back episodes to my iPod so I could watch them all in order. Actually, I bought the season pass so all the episodes will download for me to watch at my leisure.

So I watched the season to date on the iPod last week and tonite was a new episode. I mention to the hubby that I'd like to watch it - but he hadn't caught up so he doesn't think we can watch it together. Then he goes to the TiVo'd episodes and we caught up and watched tonight's. Yay!

I got my new social security card today. Step one of the process of changing my old name to my new married name is complete. I dread all the rest of the steps. Especially the DMV one.

Ok, before I hit "publish" and then go to bed, what's with the spammers these days? They're not even *trying* anymore. I got this letter today:

Hello,
I want to solicit your attention to recieve money on my behalf.

The purpose of my contacting you is because my status will not permit me to do this alone.
When you reply this message,

I will send you details of the business and more information about myself.

My personal email is: xxxxxxx@xxxxx.com
Thank you.
Mou Xinsheng


No heartfelt message about how they have singled me out because I'm such a good God fearing person, ethical and honest? No hint of how many millions (of which I can keep 10%?) are to be given to charity and how Mou's father/brother/husband was cruelly tortured or something? Someone needs to go to Spam University.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Girl, funny, I got the same email yesterday in my inbox. I've heard of these scams, and I simply hit block sender and considered it trash. Hopefully they won't bug me anymore. :)

serge said...

Rather lame spam. Not even a promise to make one's virile member awesome, or photos of Brittney Spears doing you-know-what with farm animals...

I missed so many episodes of Heroes that I basically gave up. Maybe one day I'll borrow the DVD set. Until then... Tuesday night is still my night, with House (although the doc has become really jerky) and the episodes of Criminal Intent with Chris Noth in it. Then again, there is Wednesday, with Mythbusters and Medium.